New Student Checklist - Start Here!
Please read, review, and complete (where appropriate) all of the items below in the order they are listed.
Please note that the Student Life Application is due as soon as possible. Many of the other forms are due June 13. Most forms may be filled out online. Please see important instructions at the bottom of this page before you begin filling out forms!
- Pay your admissions deposit. If you have not paid your deposit, please STOP and contact the Admissions office.
- Watch the video about First Year Seminars by Fred Rabinowitz, Professor and Associate Dean.
- Review the First Year Seminars and Themes and make your top ten First Year Seminar choices, and top three Theme choices. Make a note of your choices and enter them into the Student Life Application when you get to step 6.
- Watch the housing video, review the "All About Housing" information, then make your top five housing choices. Make a note of your choices and enter them in step 6.
- Review the meal plan information, and make your meal plan choice. Make a note of your choice and enter it in the next step. Bon Appétit Meal Plan Brochure. Check out Meal Plan Mondays!
- Fill out the online Student Life Application. You will need your Student ID# (found on the bottom of your deposit confirmation letter). Be sure to give yourself about an HOUR to fill this out in one sitting. You cannot stop and start the application in the middle. You will be given the opportunity to print the application for your records after completing it. Please submit as soon as possible. Housing assignments begin May 16 and will continue on a rolling basis after that.
- Schedule a doctor appointment ASAP or by May so that your Immunization Verification Form won't be delayed.
- Complete the Health Insurance Verification Form. Due June 13, 2014. Need more information? Read the University Health Insurance Brochure.
- Complete the Medical History Questionnaire. Due June 13, 2014
- Submit your Immunization Verification form (print and give to your doctor) to the Student Health Center. Due June 13, 2014
- Complete the Financial Responsibility form. Fill out online then print, sign and fax or mail to the address on the form. Due June 13, 2014
- (Optional) Watch the First Year Journey video, review the First Year Journey brochure, then complete the First Year Journey Application. Due June 13, 2014.
- (Optional) Complete and submit the Authorization for Release of Information (FERPA) form. Submit ASAP to the Registrar's Office.
- Send your final transcripts to the Admissions office by July 15, 2014.
- Make plans to attend Redlands Connections Day on July 12! Your reservation form is due by July 3, 2014.
- Make plans to attend the mandatory New Student Orientation!
- Join the Class of 2018 Facebook page!
- You will receive communications throughout the summer that include reminders of anything we still need from you. Your Redlands Network ID/password and email address will be sent to you via first class mail in mid May, after which time you can check online (at my.redlands.edu) to see if you still have any missing items. You will receive separate instructions about how to use MyRedlands to find your missing items.
- You should receive a letter from your First Year Seminar instructor informing you of your final First Year Seminar selection mid-July.
- Housing assignment notifications will be sent out by July 1 to your Redlands email address.
- Redlands Connections Day is July 12.
- You should receive your first Student Account Statement by the second week of July.
- For parents: Check out the Parent Handbook, and consider a membership with Town & Gown! A Parent Schedule for New Student Orientation is provided here.
- Be sure you have the Adobe Reader installed on your computer.
- Click on the link to the form.
- If you get a message that says "This PDF might not be displayed correctly." Click on the "Open with Different Viewer" button to open the form in Adobe.
- Fill out the form.
- Save the form to your computer (be sure to remember where you save it!).
- Attach and then email the saved form to the email listed on the form. In most cases that is the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Financial Responsibility form must be printed, signed by a parent, then faxed or mailed to Student Accounts (information is on the form).
- If you have difficulty attaching/emailing the form, you may print, then fax or mail the completed form to the location listed on the form.
Important Phone Numbers:
909-748-8359 - Academic Advising
909-748-8108 - Academic Support Services
909-748-8074 - Admissions Office
909-748-8021 - Health Center
909-748-8053 - Housing Office
909-748-8019 - Registrar's Office
909-748-8047 - Student Financial Services
909-748-8053 - Student Life Office