New Student Checklist - Start Here!
Please read, review, and complete (where appropriate) all of the items below in the order they are listed.
Please note that the Housing and First Year Seminar Applications are due by May 15, 2015. Most of the other forms are due June 12.
- Pay your admissions deposit. If you have not paid your deposit, please STOP and contact the Admissions office.
- Watch the video on how to fill out an application on the Student Life System.
- Watch the video about First Year Seminars by Fred Rabinowitz, Professor and Associate Dean.
- Review the First Year Seminars and Themes and make your top ten First Year Seminar choices, and top three Theme choices. Make a note of your choices and enter them into the First Year Seminar Application in the Student Life system. Please note that some seminar choices affect your housing placement. Deadline is May 15.
- Watch the housing video, review the "All About Housing" information, then make your top five housing choices. Make a note of your choices and enter them on the Housing Application found in the Student Life system. Due May 15. Housing assignments begin May 18 and continue on a rolling basis after that. Housing assignment notifications will be sent to your University email account in early July.
- Review the meal plan information, and make your meal plan choice. Make a note of your choice and enter it in the Student Life system. Bon Appétit Meal Plan Brochure.
- Complete any remaining applications (Vehicle Registration, Student interests, etc.) in the Student Life system by the stated deadlines.
- Schedule a doctor appointment ASAP or by May so that your Immunization Verification Form won't be delayed.
- Complete the Health Insurance Verification Form. Due June 12, 2015. Need more information? Read the University Health Insurance Brochure.
- Complete the Medical History Questionnaire. Due June 12, 2015
- Submit your Immunization Verification form (print, fill out appropriate sections, give to your doctor) to the Student Health Center. Due June 12, 2015
- Complete the Financial Responsibility form. Fill out online then print, sign and fax or mail to the address on the form. Due June 12, 2015
- Complete the 5 assessments within the “Self-Assessment” module within the FOCUS 2 academic planning and professional development platform. Please review the information and follow the instructions outlined here. Begin by creating your FOCUS 2 profile and taking your assessments here. Due June 12th, 2015
- (Optional) Watch the First Year Journey video, review the First Year Journey trip information, then complete the First Year Journey Application found in the Student Life system. Due June 12, 2015.
- (Optional) Complete and submit the Authorization for Release of Information (FERPA) form. Submit ASAP to the Registrar's Office.
- Send your final transcripts to the Admissions office by August 14, 2015.
- (Optional) Make plans to attend Redlands Connections Day on July 11! Your reservation is due by June 30, 2015.
- Make plans to attend the mandatory New Student Orientation September 2 - 7 (Parent programming for Orientation is September 2 through mid-day September 3rd)!
- Join the Class of 2019 Facebook page!
- You will receive communications throughout the summer that include reminders of anything we still need from you. By going to my.redlands.edu you can check online to see if you still have any missing items. You will receive separate instructions about how to use MyRedlands to find your missing items.
- You should receive a letter from your First Year Seminar instructor informing you of your final First Year Seminar selection mid-July.
- Housing assignment notifications will be sent out by July 1 to your Redlands email address.
- Redlands Connections Day is July 11.
- You should receive your first eStatement by the second week of July.
- For parents: Check out the Parent Handbook, and consider a membership with Town & Gown!
- Parent's Day/Homecoming is October 23 & 24th!
Health Insurance and Financial Responsibility Form Instructions
- Be sure you have the Adobe Reader installed on your computer.
- Click on the link to the form.
- If you get a message that says "This PDF might not be displayed correctly." Click on the "Open with Different Viewer" button to open the form in Adobe.
- Fill out the form.
- Save the form to your computer.
- Attach and then email the saved form to the email listed on the form.
- The Financial Responsibility form must be printed, signed by a parent, then faxed or mailed to Student Financial Services (information is on the form).
- You may always print, then fax or mail the completed form to the location listed on the form.
Important Phone Numbers:
909-748-8359 - Academic Advising
909-748-8069 - Academic Support Services
909-748-8074 - Admissions Office
909-748-8021 - Health Center
909-748-8053 - Housing Office
909-748-8019 - Registrar's Office
909-748-8047 - Student Financial Services
909-748-8053 - Student Life Office