The University of Redlands School of Music provides recording services for School of Music events including all student, faculty, guest artist, and chamber recitals, as well as ensemble concerts. These recordings are scheduled automatically and are for archival purposes only. A CD will be delivered to the ensemble director or student/faculty performer within two weeks. Recordings are only made available to those individuals performing on the recorded concert or event. Any individual requesting a copy of a recording that he/she was not a performer on will need to obtain written permission from the recorded concert’s performers in order to receive a copy.
*Recordings may not be used for broadcast and/or commercial purposes without the express written consent of the University of Redlands School of Music. Duplicate copies of the recordings may not be created.
Students can request individual or chamber recording sessions for competitions, grad school applications, summer camps, or demos. To request a recording session with a School of Music Audio Engineer, please read this page carefully and follow the procedure outlined below. One of our Engineers will contact you to coordinate the details of your request.
Procedure for requesting a recording session:
- Anyone requesting a recording session is responsible to find an available date in Frederick Loewe Performance Hall via R25 Webviewer.
- Submit the Room Request Form. You must indicate that it is a Recording Services Request in the "additional comments or requests" section.
- After the form is submitted, a School of Music Audio Engineer will contact you to discuss the details of your session. We will determine the availability of our resources (staff & equipment) and schedule your session if possible. We can not guarantee the availability of an engineer with less than two weeks notice.
- No editing will be done on competition recordings.
- The School of Music provides a maximum of four hours at no charge to University of Redlands students and faculty. This includes setup, recording, editing, and tear down. Additional time will be charged at a rate of $20 per hour.
- Recording sessions for alumni are charged at a rate of $20 per hour and include Frederick Loewe Performance Hall, a student audio engineer, equipment, and one master copy on compact disk.
- Extra or additional sessions are at the discretion and availability of the Engineer and are not guaranteed.
- Show up to your Session prepared and on time. Be courteous and professional about keeping your scheduled appointment times and in the manner in which you do your studio work. This is good training for future opportunities, and will be rewarding in the long run.
- The equipment and services are only available for University of Redlands projects.
- These services are for University of Redlands students, faculty, administration, staff, and alumni only.