Clear Administrative Services Credential
This program assists current school administrators in developing their professional skills and competencies with support from mentors, their employers, and the School of Education.
The program allows candidates to address and verify mastery of the California Standards for Professional Educational Leaders (CSPEL). Candidates must have worked in a position requiring a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (Tier I) for two years and also hold an administrative position at the time they are recommended for the Clear Professional Administrative Services Credential (Tier II).
- Completed application
- Evidence of a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
- Letter verifying administrative position
- One official transcripts issued by the Registrar of each institution where a degree was earned, sent directly to the School of Education
- One letter of recommendation from a professional who knows applicant's work
- Advising meeting with the Director of the Educational Administration program
Portfolio Option (4 units)
- Complete the plan development course (EDUC 720)
- Develop an acceptable portfolio that addresses and verifies mastery of the California Standards for Professional Educational Leaders
- Complete the exit assessment course (EDUC 726)
EDUC 720 Professional Administrative Services Credential Assessment: Plan Development and Mentoring (2 units)
Required of all Professional Administrative Services Credential candidates. Working with a mentor, students must complete all assessment activities and develop and obtain approval of an induction plan addressing organizational and cultural environments, dynamics of strategic issues management, ethical and reflective leadership analysis and development of public policy, management of information systems, and human and fiscal resources. CN only.
EDUC 726 Professional Administrative Services Credential Assessment: Exit (2 units)
Required of all Professional Administrative Services Credential candidates. Students must complete all parts of the induction plan, a self-assessment of expectations, and an exit assessment interview. The student’s mentor and the program director must verify that the student met the plan expectations. CN only.