Children's Literature Festival 2016
February 26 & 27, 2016 -- University of Redlands -- Redlands, CA
Celebrating the best in Children’s Books for 20 Years!
IF YOU ARE a teacher, librarian, parent, writer, illustrator … or if you just share a love of children's books, join us for Festival 2016!
|Awarding winning children’s book creators
||Art from Children’s Books
|Author and Illustrator Presentations
|Small Group workshops for teachers, librarians, parents, aspiring writers and illustrators
||Practical Ideas for Teaching & Sharing
|Book Market & Author Signing
||An EXHIBIT OF ART FROM CHILDREN’S BOOKS at Pepper’s Gallery on campus
Featured Speakers For 2016:
- Jerry Pinkney, Caldecott medalist, illustrator of over 100 children’s books including: The Lion and the Mouse, The Grasshopper and the Ant , The Little Red Hen and The Talking Eggs
- Linda Sue Park, Newbery medalist, author children’s novels and picture books including: A Single Shard, A Long Walk to Water and Xander’s Panda Party
- Janet Wong, Author of poetry, picture books and books for older children including: Twist, Dumpster Diver, Behind the Wheel: Poems about Driving and Me and Rolly Maloo
- Debra Frasier, Author/illustrator of many award winning books including: On the Day You Were Born, Miss Alaineus, a Vocabulary Disaster, SPIKE, the Ugliest Dog in the Universe and A Fabulous Fair Alphabet
- Kevin Henkes, Caldecott medalist, Newbery medalist, author, illustrator of mouse books, picture books and novels including: Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse, Kitten’s First Full Moon and Olive’s Ocean
- Mike Graf, Author of award winning books about weather, geography, outdoor adventure and national parks including: The Adventures with the Parkers National Park series
- Marla Frazee, Caldecott medalist, author and/or illustrator of picture books including: All the World, Walk On, A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever and The Farmer and the Clown
And more including presentations from:
Kristine O’Connell George, Tony Johnston, Alexis O’Neill
, and editor Allyn Johnston
"Twenty Years of Picture Book Art at the U of R" -- February 16 - March 19, 2016
For twenty years the University of Redlands has hosted many award winning children’s books authors and illustrators through the Charlotte S. Huck Children’s Literature Festival. This year in honor of the Festival’s 20th Anniversary, we will be bringing together a collection of picture book art reflective of the illustrators who have been at the conference. On exhibit from February 16 through March19, 2016 at Peppers Art Gallery on campus, much of the art in the exhibit is from the private collection of Zora Charles, Class of ’70.
You get all of the above and more for $200 – including all meals.
Special Registration Rate: Three people register together for $175 each.
Special Rate for traditionally published authors and illustrators.
Special Hotel Rate: Discounted rates for the Ayres Hotel in Redlands for Festival attendees! $79/night (regular price $129/night!) Call the hotel at (909)335-9024.
Registration is now open. Register with a friend and share this inspiring weekend!
Call for Proposals: We are accepting Proposals for Breakout sessions. Click here for more information.
For more information:
Contact festival secretary Colleen Quesada at (909) 748-8791 or email the festival coordinator Marjorie Arnett.