Children's Literature Festival 2016
February 26 & 27, 2016 -- University of Redlands -- Redlands, CA
Celebrating the best in Children’s Books for 20 Years!
Join us for Festival 2016 featuring:
|Awarding winning children’s book creators
||Art from Children’s Books
|Author and Illustrator Presentations
|Small Group workshops for teachers, librarians, parents, aspiring writers and illustrators
||Practical Ideas for Teaching & Sharing
|Book Market & Author Signing
||An EXHIBIT OF ART FROM CHILDREN’S BOOKS at Pepper’s Gallery on campus
Award winning Festival faculty includes:
- Jerry Pinkney, Caldecott medalist, illustrator of over 100 children’s books including: The Lion and the Mouse, The Grasshopper and the Ant , The Little Red Hen and The Talking Eggs
- Linda Sue Park, Newbery medalist, author children’s novels and picture books including: A Single Shard, A Long Walk to Water and Xander’s Panda Party
- Janet Wong, Author of poetry, picture books and books for older children including: Twist, Dumpster Diver, Behind the Wheel: Poems about Driving and Me and Rolly Maloo
- Debra Frasier, Author/illustrator of many award winning books including: On the Day You Were Born, Miss Alaineus, a Vocabulary Disaster, SPIKE, the Ugliest Dog in the Universe and A Fabulous Fair Alphabet
- Kevin Henkes, Caldecott medalist, Newbery medalist, author, illustrator of mouse books, picture books and novels including: Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse, Kitten’s First Full Moon and Olive’s Ocean
- Mike Graf, Author of award winning books about weather, geography, outdoor adventure and national parks including: The Adventures with the Parkers National Park series
And more including presentations from:
Kristine O’Connell George, Tony Johnston, Alexis O’Neill
, and editor Allyn Johnston
"Twenty Years of Picture Book Art at the U of R" -- February 16 - March 19, 2016
For twenty years the University of Redlands has hosted many award winning children’s books authors and illustrators through the Charlotte S. Huck Children’s Literature Festival. This year in honor of the Festival’s 20th Anniversary, we will be bringing together a collection of picture book art reflective of the illustrators who have been at the conference. On exhibit from February 16 through March19, 2016 at Peppers Art Gallery on campus, much of the art in the exhibit is from the private collection of Zora Charles, Class of ’70.
You get all of the above and more for $200 – including all meals.
ALL FESTIVAL EVENTS take place on the University of Redlands campus. Registration check-in, meals and general sessions take place in Orton Conference Center which is centrally located on campus. Free parking is available near the building.
REGISTER NOW FOR FESTIVAL 2016. Check out the special rates for traditionally published authors, SCBWI members, students and three people registering together.
Give a gift to yourself; register now for The Charlotte S. Huck Children’s Literature Festival. Better yet, bring two friends so that the three of you can share two days of the best children’s literature has to offer and save $25 each. Register online or by mail.
Special Rate for traditionally published authors and illustrators and for SCBWI members.
Special Hotel Rate: Once again the Ayres Hotel Redlands is partnering with the University to offer special rates for guests registered for the Festival. Call the hotel at (909)335-9024.
Friend us on Facebook for the latest on the Festival and Festival authors. Join us in fun raffles and win prizes.
For more information:
Contact festival secretary Colleen Quesada at (909) 748-8791 or email the festival coordinator Marjorie Arnett.
Keep coming back for regular updates about featured speakers, special festival events, registration information, and pictures from past years.