Program Learning Outcomes
Master of Arts in Counseling
Students graduating with an MA in Counseling should be able to:
- Evaluate student academic, personal, and vocational functioning using appropriate assessment procedures.
- Specify how a range of the best-established, evidence-based counseling models would be used with diverse student populations.
- Utilize both self awareness and sensitivity to their interpersonal impacts when interacting with whom they serve.
- Draw from the relevant research literature to inform their professional practice.
- Use the ethical standards of the American School Counseling Association to identify and resolve ethical conflicts.
- Demonstrate identity as a professional school counselor through appropriate integration of the roles of counselor, consultant, collaborator, and student advocate.
- Identify students affected by inequities and advocate for them as appropriate.