Program Learning Outcomes
Clinical Mental Health
Master of Arts
Graduates will be able to:
1.Evaluate clients’ biopsychosocial functioning using appropriate assessment procedures.
2. Specify how a range of the best-established, evidence-based individual, group, and family treatments might be used with diverse populations across settings.
3. Utilize both self awareness and sensitivity to their interpersonal impacts when interacting with whom they serve.
4. Use the ethical standards of the American Counseling Association to identify and resolve ethical conflicts.
5. Draw from the research literature to inform their professional practice.
6. Demonstrate identity as a professional clinical counselor in the manner in which cases are conceptualized and in the corpus of literature used to inform their work.
7. Identify clients affected by inequities and advocate for them as appropriate.