Academic Interests and Areas of Expertise
- Role of IS professionals in IS project success
- E-Characteristics, new rules for the networked world
- Management Information Systems
- Decision Support Systems, Business Analytics and GIS
- Intellectual Property Rights in the Network Economy
- Offshoring Knowledge Work
Description of Research
My academic training in engineering prepared me well for my Ph.D. in Decision Sciences (& information systems). My teaching and research has focused on the intersection of decision sciences and information systems – business analytics, GIS, and value of information systems, both from people and technology.
Courses Taught at Redlands
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Management of Information Systems
- Decision Support Systems
- Managerial Statistics
- B.S., Bangalore University, India
- Ph.D., Georgia State University
Previous Teaching Experience
- Penn State University, Great Valley
- Old Dominion University
- University of Connecticut
- Georgia State University
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Manager in a steel plant (in India) in-charge of maintenance.
- Recipient of Levi-Strauss Foundation Scholarship, 1980-1981
- Recipient of the George E. Manner's award for Graduate Studies in Business, 1980-1981
- Winner -- Best Empirical/Application Paper ABA Conference, 1994
- Excellence in teaching award, 2008
"The Fact-Net Model: A Problem Diagnosis Procedure," Interfaces, Vol. 16, No. 6 (1986), pp. 86-94 (with Harvey J. Brightman).
"Matching Problem Diagnostic Tools to Managers' Decision Styles: A Contingency Approach," OMEGA (International Journal of Management Science), Vol. 16, No. 1 (1988), pp. 1-9 (with Harvey J. Brightman & Robert Elrod).
"A Comparative Analysis of Successful and Unsuccessful Information Centers," Information & Management, Volume 19, No. 3 (1990), pp. 199-209 (with Bindiganavale S. Vijayaraman).
“Perception of the Role of Information Technology in Organizations: Development of a Measure,” Computer Personnel, Vol. 20, No. 4 (1999 – actually published in 2002), pp. 39-54 (with Xiaohua Lin).
“Goal Orientation, Self-Efficacy, Organizational Climate, and Job Performance,” Human Performance, Vol. 15, No. 3 (2002), pp. 275-297 (with Denise Potosky).
“Conceptualization and Exploration of composite Career Anchors: An Analysis of Information Systems Personnel,” Human Resource Development Quarterly, Vol. 14, No. 2 (2003), pp. 199-214 (with Denise Potosky).
“Shaping of Moral Intensity Regarding Software Piracy: A Comparison Between Thailand and U.S. Students,” Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 49 (2004), pp. 91-104. (with Ranjan Kini & B.S. Vijayaraman).
- Small Business