Geographic Information Systems Certificate (GIS)
The GIS Certificate focuses on producing management professionals who can analyze and resolve complex business problems utilizing spatial information and analysis. Students have the flexibility to develop their capabilities with spatial and geographic approaches to the analysis of business activities.
Major topics include:
- Management of geographic information
- GIS in public policy and regulation and the consequences for business
- Market segmentation and target marketing using GIS as a decision making tool
- GIS assessment for entering international markets and global sourcing
- Effective strategic management using geographic information and GIS
Courses meet Saturdays, twice per month, for two months, with additional instruction and assignments conducted through on-line meetings. In-class sessions are held on the Redlands main campus or at a regional campus near you.
Contact your local center for dates and times.
Courses in the Geographic Information Systems Certificate
- GISB 691W GIS for Marketing
- GISB 692W Spatial Analysis for Global Business
- GISB 693W GIS Strategy: Concepts and Implementation