Program Learning Outcomes
Bachelor of Arts
Student who successfully complete a major in Liberal Studies will:
1. Analyze and develop a philosophy of education using theories of learning and teaching.
2. Identify the connections between California K-8 Content Standards and subject matter knowledge in Liberal Studies major courses, Liberal Arts Foundation courses, and courses of their second major discipline.
3. Communicate effectively in oral and written forms in a variety of contexts.
4. Model sensitivity to the diverse cultural, linguistic and learning abilities of all students.
5. Articulate understanding of a variety of teaching strategies to effectively teach all learners.
6. Effectively use education technology to enhance the learning environment for all learners.