Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge about public policy issues and approaches by summarizing and evaluating existing literature in the field.
- Apply a range of relevant theories, concepts, and approaches taken from the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and ethics to the critical analysis of public policy problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge about the feasibility of solving complex social problems within the context of existing political and economic institutions and processes.
- Use appropriate quantitative and/or qualitative methods to systematically analyze public policy issues.
- Examine the ethical implications of proposed or existing public policies.
- Formulate appropriate, targeted responses to public policy issues.
- Communicate knowledge effectively through verbal and written forms.
Learning outcomes for all graduates of the College of Arts and Sciences