Washington University Requirements
To be considered for admission to Washington University's School of Engineering you must:
- have an overall and pre-engineering GPA of 3.25 or higher;
- complete your Redlands major and general education requirements;
- complete the specific prerequisite courses for your intended engineering major (see below and consult with the Program Advisor).
- Foundational: The following pre-engineering courses are required for all engineering majors.
MATH 121 (or 118 & 119), 122, 221 Calculus I-III
PHYS 231-233 General Physics I-III
CHEM 131 General Chemistry I
CS 110 Intro. to Programming using C++
- Major-specific: In addition to the foundational pre-engineering courses, students must take courses specific to their engineering major. Possible majors and numbers of courses required are listed below. Consult the list of additional requirements for specific majors for details.
Biomedical Engineering (3 courses)
Chemical Engineering (4 courses)
Computer Science & Computer Engineering (1 course)
Electrical Engineering (no additional courses)
Mechanical Engineering (no additional courses)
System Science & Engineering (no additional courses)