First Year Seminar
Redlands was one of the first colleges in the nation to incorporate a first year seminar program into its curriculum. First year seminars involve a close working relationship between student and faculty.
- All new first year students take a seminar in the fall semester
- Seminars are interdisciplinary and help with the transition to college
- Seminar faculty are both your teacher and academic advisor
- Seminars help with academic skills needed for success in college
- Many seminars also meet liberal arts foundation requirements
- Some first year seminars involve a living-learning component