Being a part of the Jasper’s Corner Homework Club requires a commitment from all who are involved.
- Parent/guardian must complete appropriate paperwork (Confidential Emergency Form and Pick-up Plan) and attend orientation meeting with the Director of Jasper's Corner.
- The student (tutee) must arrive on time, no more than five minutes early or late (The University pays our college students to work with your child.)
- Students (tutees) must bring materials to work during their tutoring sessions, such as homework, class projects or a book to read. Jasper's Corner is a homework club that assists students with their schoolwork -- we are not equipped with staff to create lesson plans for each individual student.
- Students (tutees) may have no more than three unexcused absences. Failing to show up for a scheduled homework session is considered an unexcused absence. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify the Jasper's staff by calling 748-8288. Three unexcused absences or excessive excused absences will result in permanent dismissal from Jasper's Homework Club.
Student (Tutee) Responsibilities
- Students (tutees) must be prepared to work on homework, class work or book reading for the entire time they are in Jasper's Corner.
- Students (tutees) must have a positive attitude while they are in Jasper's Corner.
Staff (Tutor) Responsibilities
- Staff will notify parent/guardian if there is a negative behavior with the student (tutee).
- Staff will work on homework, class work, book reading or other work specified by parent while tutee in Jasper's Corner.
- Staff will keep a weekly log of student's progress and what was worked.